Get help with file explorer in Windows 10 is the most Windows 10 users question. A new feature will always bring a new problem, you have to learn how to use those new features. After windows 10 released, it brings a new feature that makes the better experience on windows. File Explorer (formerly known as Windows Explorer) is the new feature of Windows 10. Here is a tutorial on how to get help with file explorer in windows 10.
Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
As in the first paragraph, there are some new features in Windows 10:
The Differences From Windows 7
My Computer is now called This PC, and it won’t show up on your desktop by default. To get to This PC in Windows 10, open File Explorer from the taskbar and select This PC in the left pane.
- Libraries won’t show up in File Explorer unless you want them to. To add them to the left pane, select the View tab > Navigation pane > Show libraries.
File Explorer (Windows Explorer)
- When File Explorer opens, you’ll land in Quick access. Your frequently used folders and recently used files are listed there, so you won’t have to dig through a series of folders to find them. Pin your favorite folders to Quick access to keep them close at hand.
- If you want a folder to show up in Quick access, right-click it and select Pin to Quick access. Unpin it when you don’t need it there anymore.
- If something shows up in Quick access that you don’t want to see there again, right-click it and select Remove from Quick access. It won’t show up there anymore, even if you use it every day.
- To turn off recent files or frequent folders, go to the View tab, and then select Options. In the Privacy section, clear the check boxes and select Apply. Now Quick access will only show your pinned folders. (If you turn them back on, items you previously removed from Quick access might show up again.)
- If you’d rather have File Explorer open to This PC, go to the View tab and then select Options. In the Open File Explorer to list, select This PC, and then Apply.
Sharing Files and Folder within Apps
- Now, you can use apps to share files and photos right from File Explorer. Select the files you want to share, go to the Share tab, select the Share button, and then choose an app.
OneDrive on your PC
OneDrive is free online storage that comes with your Microsoft account. Save your files there and you’ll be able to get to them from any PC, tablet, or phone. OneDrive is now part of File Explorer.
OneDrive: No Internet? No problem.
Files you save to OneDrive are available online at OneDrive.com and offline on your PC. That means you can use them anytime, even when you’re not connected to the Internet. When you reconnect, OneDrive updates the online versions with changes you made offline. Offline files come in handy when you’re stuck without Wi-Fi, but they also take up space on your PC.
OneDrive : Stay in Sync
File Explorer icons show you the sync status of your offline folders and files.
It’s in sync with online version.
It’s getting in sync.
The version on your PC is out of sync. To find out why, go to the right side of the taskbar, select the Show hidden icons arrow, press and hold (or right-click) OneDrive , and then select View sync problems.
That is major change of File Explorer on Windows 10. File explorer now brings latest tech you need for office work. You will get difficult to use it at first, but don’t worry you will get used to it.